Thursday, November 17, 2016

Divorce in the State of Washington.

Let’s keep it simple and basic.  If one of the couples seeking a dissolution of marriage lives in the Evergreen State, they can file for divorce without the consent of the other partner.  Washington is what is called a “no fault divorce state”.  Save your energy.  Gone are the days when you have to prove fault or demean your former partner just to end the union.

You may question WHERE you file.  That would be in the county where you or your spouse resides.  How long does the process take?  The minimum waiting period in the state is 90 days.  It will take at least that long for what is known as the Decree of Dissolution to be entered.  However, be prepared that if there are any contested issues it will be a longer process.

For the least stressful method of filing for a dissolution of marriage you need a qualified veteran divorce attorney.  In Bellevue, Washington that is 35 year professional Lyle Clark.  Attorney Clark is a Seattle area dissolution of marriage attorney in the State of Washington.  If you wish to begin the process today, please give Lyle a call at (425) 452-3092.

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Knowing More about Wills and Probate.

Besides that taxes thing, one other thing that is certain in this life is death.  It comes to everyone eventually and whether you are prepared for it or not, what happens after your time on this earth matters to your loved ones.  You would never consider abandoning your family while you are here, but do you want them to have peace of mind and security when you are gone?

There are some common misunderstandings about this topic.  Among them are - 

1.  The state gets it all.  Not by law, even without a will, but carefully preparing a will makes sure that your wishes are carried out.
2.  Time.  It does NOT take years to resolve probate.
3.  I will have nothing left to give.  You might be surprised.
4.  I am the oldest child so I will get all of my parent’s estate.
5.  The cost of probate will eat up my estate.  Really???  Certainly not in the state of Washington.

Find out for yourself.  Cut through the questions about wills and probate by calling a professional with over 35 years in this business.  He is Bellevue, Washington will and probate attorney Lyle Clark.  If you have a question regarding what to do with your possessions when you are no longer with us then call attorney Lyle M. Clark, Jr. at (425) 452-3092.